Dr. Amit Dvir
Department: Computer Sciences
Position: Academic Manager of the Center for Cyber Technology, Ariel University of Samaria
Dr. Amit Dvir received his B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees from Ben-Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel, all in communication systems engineering. During 2011-2012, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow
with the Laboratory of Cryptography and System Security (www.crysys.hu) in Budapest, Hungary. His research interests revolve around Video Transport Protocols and network security. He is currently a faculty member at the Computer Science department, Ariel University,
In the cyber field I am currently a partner in a number of research studies:
Research concerning the development of tools for systems identifying cyber-attacks. Partnership with Dr. Eran Omri and Dr. Ofir Pele. Research on classification of encrypted traffic, financed by Israel’s Office of the Chief Scientist (Generic Technological Research Consortium) and in partnership with CyberBit. Partnership with Dr. Ofir Pele.
Students under my guidance:
1. Michel Stewart – M.Sc, collaboration with Dr. Rajgopal Kannan, Louisiana State University
2. Ran Dubin – Ph.D., collaboration with Prof. Ofer Hadar
3. Archana Lokhande - Ph.D., collaboration with Prof. Vadim Lavit.
4. Ronit Bar Shalom – M.Sc.
5. Jonathan Muehlstein – M.Sc.
6. Yehonatan zion – M.Sc.
7. Roi Inbar – M.Sc. collaboration with Dr. Eran Omri
8. Aviram Zilberman – M.Sc. collaboration with Dr. Yoram Hadad
9. Eyal Azran – M.Sc. Student
10. Harel Berger – M.Sc student